Indian weddings are known for their opulence and grandeur, and no aspect exemplifies this better than the bridal jewellery worn by the bride. Bridal jewellery plays a crucial role in enhancing the beauty and elegance of an Indian bride. From traditional to contemporary designs, each piece of jewellery holds deep cultural significance and represents the bride’s personality and style. In this article, we will explore the various types of bridal jewellery and provide styling tips for Indian brides to shine like a diva at every wedding function.
Bridal Jewellery Styling to Start the Festivities: Mehendi Ceremony
The mehendi ceremony marks the beginning of the wedding festivities and is a lively pre-wedding function filled with music, dance, and intricate henna designs. The bride’s jewellery during this function should complement the festive and vibrant atmosphere.
Bridal jewellery ideas for the bride for this occasion would include lightweight and playful pieces like bangles, bracelets, and floral-inspired rings. Floral jewellery made with real flowers is also becoming increasingly popular for this occasion. Maang tikka with a delicate chain and simple jhumkas can add a touch of elegance to the overall look.
Deck up with Jewellery: Haldi Ceremony:
The Haldi ceremony calls for a more relaxed and earthy vibe but keep in mind that your jewellery will be near water and turmeric paste. That’s why it’s important to choose the best wedding jewellery that is easy to handle and maintain during the application of turmeric paste. Opt for traditional temple jewellery in an antique gold finish or lightweight gold bangles and jhumkas.
To add a touch of freshness and natural beauty, consider wearing floral jewellery made of marigold or rose petals. Flower-adorned earrings and bracelets will complement the simplicity of the event and make you look radiant as you embark on your journey of love and happiness.
Sparkle as you Dance the Night away: Sangeet Ceremony
The sangeet ceremony is all about dancing, celebration, and joy. For this function, brides can go for more statement pieces that exude glamour and sophistication. Kundan, polki, or diamond necklaces paired with matching earrings can create a stunning look. Consider a choker necklace with intricate work for a touch of vintage charm.
Don’t forget to adorn your hands with eye-catching hand harnesses or haath phools. These hand accessories not only complement the mehndi design but also add a touch of finesse and uniqueness to your overall look. A pair of dangling jhumkas or chandelier earrings will further elevate your appearance, making you look like a radiant diva.
Bridal jewellery ideas for the bride on her Big Day: Wedding Look
The wedding day is the most important in an Indian bride’s life, and her jewellery should reflect the significance of the day. Traditional gold sets with precious gemstones are perfect bridal jewellery ideas for bride if she’s considering a more classic look. Whereas necklaces with ruby, emerald, or uncut diamonds infuse a regal touch into your ensemble. Paired with matching earrings and a stunning matha patti, you’ll look like a vision of grace and beauty.
For brides who prefer a more contemporary look, diamond or platinum sets with intricate craftsmanship are an excellent choice. These modern pieces exude sophistication and are perfect for showcasing your individual style. A heavy maang tikka adorned with sparkling diamonds or precious gemstones will serve as a focal point of your bridal look.
End the Festivities in Style: Reception Jewellery
The wedding reception is the best time for a bride to showcase her modern and contemporary side. Glam up your look with glamorous diamond or platinum jewellery, making a bold statement. Statement necklaces with unique designs and intricate detailing can become the centrepiece of your ensemble. Shoulder-dusting earrings adorned with diamonds or pearls will add an aura of luxury to your appearance.
Consider adding a diamond-studded waist belt to accentuate your waistline and add a touch of uniqueness to your outfit. A trendy bracelet or cuff will enhance your overall look, bringing out your stylish and chic side.
Styling jewellery for your wedding festivities can be overwhelming, especially with all the options available in the market today. But when it comes to styling, here are a few wedding jewellery ideas to follow:
- Strike a balance: While choosing your bridal jewellery, strike a balance between the outfit and accessories. If your outfit is heavily embellished, go for simpler jewellery, and vice versa. The right balance will ensure that your overall look is harmonious and not overwhelmed by too many elements.
- Consider the neckline: Pay attention to the neckline of your outfit while selecting necklaces. High necklines pair well with chokers or statement earrings, while deep necklines are perfect for longer necklaces that gracefully fall over the fabric.
- Mix and Match: Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles of jewellery to create a unique and personalised look. For instance, you can combine traditional gold pieces with contemporary diamond accessories to strike a perfect balance between the old and the new.
- Play with Colours: Coordinate the colours of your jewellery with your outfit. Traditional red and green gemstones complement red bridal attire, while diamonds and pearls work well with pastel shades. The right choice of gemstones and colours will enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of your bridal look.
- Comfort is Key: Ensure that your jewellery is comfortable to wear, especially during long wedding functions. Avoid overly heavy pieces that may cause discomfort and opt for lightweight options that allow you to move freely and enjoy your special day.